The AGC of South Dakota, Highway-Heavy-Utilities Chapter, is a voluntary trade association of contractors, suppliers and service firms who build the roads, bridges and water/wastewater infrastructure in South Dakota.
The Chapter was formed in 1935, when it was incorporated as the "Highway Construction Industry of South Dakota, Inc." It then joined the AGC of America in 1944 and later became the AGC of South Dakota. Our Mission, Vision and Purpose has remained the same since our inception.
“The AGC of South Dakota and its Members Promote Skill, Responsibility and Integrity Through Construction and Services Which Enhance the Quality of Life for All Who Live, Work or Travel in South Dakota”
“The Construction Association of Choice”
“To Be the Voice That Promotes and Represents the Construction Industry"
The Association is lead by an elected President, Senior Vice President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer and a Board of Directors. The Chapter has an Associate Division, with its own Board of Directors, two of whom serve on the parent Board. Services are coordinated by an Executive Vice President and staff headquartered in the AGC Building, located at the corner of Highland and Capitol Avenues, just one block West of the State Capitol Building in Pierre.